Guild Wars 2 is a subscription free,* Massively Multiplayer Online Role-playing Game (MMORPG) exclusively for the PC gaming platform. A sequel to the original Guild Wars game released in 2005, the game is set in a persistent gameworld and features a choice based storyline focused around the continued struggles of the peoples of the land of Tyria. Now hundreds of years past the events of the original game, the almost forgotten threat of the Elder Dragons has risen, but so has 'Destiny's Edge,' a guild pledged to combat them. Game features include: a dynamic event/questing system, small and large-scale combat, player vs. player arenas, multiple playable races and professions, and expansive and rewarding dungeon crawls.
Guild Wars 2 Heroic Edition Includes
- Mithril Box, 18 slot inventory expansion
The digital download edition contains a variety digital bonus items. See the complete list of these below.
In the Shadow of Dragons Legends Become Real
For generations, strife and chaos raged across Tyria as the great races competed and warred against each other. Then the dragons awoke. The all-powerful Elder Dragons rose from beneath earth and sea, wreaking havoc on a global scale. Great cities crumbled before their might. Coastlines flooded. Lush forests burned. Tyria was forever altered. Now, the undead legions of the deathless dragon Zhaitan surge across the land, hungry for the destruction of the free races of Tyria: the Charr, a ferocious race of feline warriors; the Asura, magical inventors of small size and great intellect; the Norn, towering shapeshifters from the frigid north; the Sylvari, a mysterious race of mystical plant folk; and the Humans, an embattled but resilient people. The time has come for the free races to stand together against the rising tide of evil. Magic, cold steel, and the deeds of heroes will determine the fate of Tyria.
Return to Tyria hundreds of years into the Guild Wars timeline to play as a new race, in a new MMORPG adventure.
Assume one of a variety of professions in a choice based storyline.
Minimum System Requirements
- OS: Windows XP Service Pack 2 or better
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz, Core i3 OR AMD Athlon 64 X2, or better
- RAM: 2 GB
- Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7800, ATI X1800, Intel HD 3000, or better (256 MB of video RAM and shader model 3.0 or better)
- HDD space: 25 GB available
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Input: Keyboard and mouse
Dynamic, Interactive Gaming Experience - Your choices and actions have a real effect on the world around you. Will the besieged villagers fight off the rampaging centaur horde or succumb to the attack? You decide.Key Game Features
- Personalized Storylines - Guild Wars 2 is your story. Follow your own customized quest storyline as it evolves from choices you made at the beginning of the game.
- New Depths of Character Customization - You choose from eight powerful professions and from five races - the defiant Humans, the feline Charr, the unearthly Sylvari, the mighty Norn, or the ingenious Asura.
- An Innovative Combat System - Featuring amazing skills, combos, improvisational tactics, and environmental weapons, the Guild Wars 2 combat system puts the fun back in MMO battles.
- Intense Player vs. Player Action - Take up arms in epic world vs. world warfare or test your skills against other players in PvP arenas.
- A Rich, Fully Realized Fantasy World - Developed over the past five years, the vast and incredibly detailed world of Tyria has been brought to life by an award-winning art and development team.
Small scale combat.
And large scale combat.
Player vs. player arenas.
* You just buy the game and play it online.