Why Early Access?
“As a small team with big ambitions Early Access gives us a great platform to engage with the community and get your input to help shape Deadstick into the experience you want it to be. There are a lot of features we’d love to add to Deadstick and through early access we are keen to engage with the community to prioritise and perfect those which are most important to you.”
Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?
“We are looking to have a short period in Early Access, around 3-6 months depending on feedback from the community.””
How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?
“Early access gives us the opportunity to expand on the foundations of Deadstick and engage with the community to develop some of the more complex and ambitious features. Our shortlist of things to add before we exit Early Access are as follows:
Multiplayer & shared cockpit.
What is the current state of the Early Access version?
“When Deadstick launches into Early Access we aim for the single player experience to be as feature complete and polished as possible. During Early Access players will have access to:
Our ‘Steed Aviation – STOL’ aircraft, featuring high fidelity flight model, study level cockpit, damage and maintenance.
Full first person interactions including pre-flight checks, refuelling and cargo loading and unloading.
‘Career Mode’ with multiple job types and skill levels to progress through.
Hangar and Maintenance facilities for aircraft upgrade, maintenance and customization.
Beautifully rendered, realistic environment, atmosphere and weather conditions.
‘Free Flight Mode’ to perfect and explore your flying.”
Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?
“There are no plans to raise the price after we exit early access.”
How are you planning on involving the Community in your development process?
“Deadstick was born out of a desire to make a flight sim that the team has always wanted to play yet has never existed. The community is the life blood of flight simulation and we believe that like us, there are a wealth of you with a similar passion for bush flying longing for features that have yet to be explored. We are already getting great feedback from members of the community and are very keen to take that a step further and get you involved as part of the development process. Whether it’s sharing ideas for the sim, giving us feedback on how we can improve particular areas of development, suggesting peripherals or devices you would like to see us support or simply showcasing what you have managed to pull off in Deadstick we would love to hear from you. With your help we want to make Deadstick something truly special”
*About This Game*
Become a true stick and rudder pilot and master the backcountry in Deadstick Bush Flight Simulator. With no autopilot, no de-icing systems, little navigation aids and limited instruments, do you have what it takes to become the ultimate bush pilot?
- Earn a living delivering cargo as a bush pilot.
- Perform full walk arounds, pre-flight checks and manually load and unload cargo.
- Brave challenging airports and weather conditions to earn extra profit.
- Learn new skills and take on bigger challenges throughout the sandbox career mode.
- Master the art of pilotage to navigate your way to your destination.
- Discover new challenging off airport strips.
- Maintain, customize and upgrade your aircraft into the ultimate STOL workhorse.
- Experience realistic damage and failures and dead stick your aircraft to safety.
- Accurate flight model including advanced effects - Prop wash, torque, P-factor.
- Advanced persistent wear and tear, damage and failure models.
- Study level cockpit with all avionics, electrical loads and circuit breakers simulated.
- Realistic and challenging dynamic weather conditions.
- Beautifully rendered environment effects including atmospheric scattering, volumetric clouds and fog.
- Rugged and challenging terrain featuring dense foliage and vegetation.